LIBC 0.6.1 / GCC 3.3.5 CSD1
Knut St. Osmundsen
2006-03-20 15:29:51 UTC

I've put out the first LIBC 0.6 bugfix release. The bugs are listed in
the release notes excerpt below. Now, I'm trying a "new" approach to
backwards compatability here, at least it's different from what we did
with the libc05.dll CSD1. I've called the dll libc061.dll, but for
upgrading I provide a libc06.dll forwarder dll. [A forwarder dll means
that the entrypoints of the dlls are rerouted to a different dll -
libc061.dll in this case - when the loader is querying the entrypoint
address. There is a tiny overhead on the resolving, that's all.]

The zips can be found at netlabs:
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/libc-0.6.1-csd1.zip
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/gcc-3.3.5-csd1-doc.zip
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/gcc-3.3.5-csd1.zip

I've also put out fresh builds of some of my build tools (unsupported):
ftp://ftp.netlabs.org/pub/gcc/alpha/

Enjoy,
knut

GCC v3.3.5 CSD 1 / LIBC v0.6.1:
-------------------------------

First, thanks to Yuri, nickk, Paul, Andy and Michal for patches,
bugs and other kind of feedback.

Fix list:

#19 gcc: gcc limits.h overrides limits.h from libc
#20 libc: random panic SIGSEGV when doing parallel builds
#48 libc: freopen(NULL, "rb", stdio) panics (doesn't work
as expected)
#60 libc: filehandle inheritance doesn't work right!
#22 libc: path resolver fails on open file
#23 libc: symlink is broken
#50 libc: umask isn't inherited
#51 libc: unlink fails on readonly file
#53 libc: freopen("missing",,) causes panic
#54 libc: fchdir(open('.', O_RDONLY)) may corrupt path
resolving
#58 libc: closed standard handles cause uninitialized
stdout/stdin/stderr streams
#21 libc: limit Unix EAs to specific file systems
#24 libc: fts crashes because it's still using chdir()
#32 libc: readdir_r returns -1 instead of errno
#33 libc: panic when using timers
#38 libc: when debugged default to breakpoint on panic
#40 libc: open("/", RDONLY) fails.
#41 libc: incorrect __libc_back_fsUnixAttribsGet() usage
caused st_dev and st_ino to be 0 in some stat()s
and chmod & fchmod to set MODE EA without type
#46 ilink map file name is wrong when multiple dots are in
target name
#49 libc: st_ctime is incorrect and st_birthtime isn't
converted to UTC
#52 libc: path resolver fails resolving a directory
symlink for lstat
#61 libc: symlink(,existing) returns the wrong errno
#62 libc: getdelim / getline returns failure when the last
line doesn't end with the delimiter / newline
#65 libc: sys/stat.h doesn't work in non BSD source mode
#67 libc: Remove ncurses headers
#68 libc: getopt prototype clashes (getopt.h/unistd.h)
#69 libc: basename & dirname return incorrect results
for paths with drive
#71 libc: Incorrect fmutex padding in FILE
#27 ld bug when map files are requested
#34 weakld: generate duplicate weak aliases bird
#30 setlocale / ctype is broken
#70 emxomf: Demangle function names for omf debug info
#55 emxomfld doesn't delete temporary files
#56 emxomfld doesn't properly allocate space for map file name
#28 emxbind doesn't read library name from .def file
#36 emxbind: export truncation bug and allow export & imports
up to 255 chars

Full details can be found at:
http://svn.netlabs.org/libc/query?status=closed&milestone=libc-0.6.1