Missing symbol _files with Innotek_libc
Dave Yeo
2005-01-05 18:31:53 UTC
While attempting to build XFree86 v4.4 with Innotek_libc I get missing symbol _files.
This is in os2Stubs.c which has a select (os2ClientSelect) added for speedup improvements
extern int _files[];
if(_files[i] & F_SOCKET)
etc
Anyway I can't find any info on files[] in the EMX docs or headers, just that it is in clib (emx.dll) as
_files @630 NONAME ; For backward compatibility

Any ideas for a workaround or if this will be added to Innotek_libc?
Dave
S***@t-online.de
2005-01-05 19:00:40 UTC
Addressed to: os2-***@mail.warpix.org
"***@xfreeos2.dyndns.org" <***@xfreeos2.dyndns.org>

Hi,
Post by Dave Yeo
While attempting to build XFree86 v4.4 with Innotek_libc I get missing symbol _files.
This is in os2Stubs.c which has a select (os2ClientSelect) added for speedup improvements
extern int _files[];
if(_files[i] & F_SOCKET)
etc
I _guess_ that it's accessing some internal table containing information of what kind of
object is "hidden" in some file handle (file, socket, pipe, ...). Since AFAIK Innotek's
libc does not have a unified handle space for files, sockets, pipes (yet?), it probably
needs different code anyway in such places...

HTH,

Stefan